Sebring, FL (3 March, 2020) – Tomy Drissi piloted the Lucas Oil’s Lucas Slick Mist Camaro to second place at Sebring International Raceway this weekend during the Trans Am Series Presented by Pirelli 2020 season opener. In true Champion fashion, Drissi didn’t let qualifying setbacks stop his determination to put the Burtin Racing Camaro on podium during the inaugural Live Stream race.
Drissi started the Lucas Oil Slick Mist Camaro as it gleamed in the Florida sunshine from the rear of the field, however, Drissi quickly charged up to the front of the pack winning him the Cool Shirt Cool Move Award of the race.
“We had little gremlins in qualifying yesterday and they came up again so we had to baby the car. We had a good battle with Andretti and with Dyson. We want to beat these guys fair and square and not because of mechanicals.” Drissi said from the podium.
Andretti and Dyson wouldn’t be immune to the gremlins that weekend. After a mishap in practice, Dyson and his crew would miss qualifying while they worked on the car only to see the Drissi/Dyson duo quickly work their way up into top positions during the race. Andretti battled his own gremlins during the race as his car fell from second place mid-race.
A full course caution gave Drissi the opportunity needed to challenge Ernie Francis Jr for the lead. “I thought we were going to have a good fight, but Ernie got a good restart and before I could get by him we went back to finish the race under yellow,” Drissi said when asked about the final laps of the race.
“They gave me such a good car,” Drissi said of Burtin Racing. “Those guys worked so hard. They stayed up and fixed that car from the handling to the mechanics.”
Sebring International Raceway is home to the season opener for Trans Am presented by Pirelli Championship race for 2020. The first race at this historic track was on New Year’s Eve of 1950 and was home to the first United States Formula 1 race, the United States Grand Prix. The track is located at the Sebring Regional Airport and has undergone many safety changes over the years, however, it maintains the history and character that makes it one of the greatest North American road racing courses.
Live coverage and replays of Round 1 of the 2020 Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli Championship at Sebring International Raceway is available during the race on the Trans Am Series App available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
· 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
· 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
· 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
· 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
· 2009 Trans-Am Champion
· 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
· 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
· 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Lagna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
· 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
· 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
· 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
· 2015 TUDOR Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
· 2016 WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
· 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
· 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
· 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
· 13 wins, 51 podiums, approximately 75 top fives and 12 poles
· Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media at the following:
For media inquiries and booking opportunities, contact:
About the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli:
The Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli began igniting the passion of motorsports fans across the world in 1966 and has been home to some of the greatest names in road racing. Today, Trans Am continues to honor its legacy, while challenging the status quo in racing, through meaningful racing platforms and a driver-oriented focus. The Trans Am Series is operated by The Trans Am Race Company, LLC (TARC), and oversees the management and marketing of the Trans Am Series, presented by Pirelli. SCCA Pro Racing sanctions Trans Am events and provides operations services to the Series.
2018 Champions include: Ernie Francis, Jr. (TA), Rafa Matos (TA2), Alline Cipriani (SGT) and Warren Dexter (GT).
For media inquiries, contact: