Austin, TX (November 12, 2021) – Lucas Oil SlickMist Champion driver, Tomy Drissi, started off the final round of the 2021 Trans Am Championship Presented by Pirelli at the Circuit of The Americas strong and started the race in 3rd. After some hard racing up front and a motivated Oscar Teran quickly making his way up, Drissi was able to finish the race on podium, wrapping up a long season and securing his second place position in the Championship.
“It was a great race with Brabham, Ernie and Teran. It was tough, but we hung in there. We had a few issue that we had to fight though and I never gave up and fought tooth and nail till the end.” Drissi said. “As always I can’t thank Lucas Oil SlickMist and the entire Burtin Racing crew for all the support and hard work this year.”
Round 12 at CoTA, concludes the 2021 championship. You can follow Tomy Drissi on his social media as he prepares for the 2022 season:
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media:
About Lucas SlickMist:
Lucas Oil SlickMist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use SlickMist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division.
He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport
(Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 IMSA Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 IMSA WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 2018 Part Time National Championship TA Season Win at Walkins Glen
- 2019 Part Time National Championship TA Season Trans Am Series, 5 podiums, 7 top fives
- 2020 National Championship Trans Am Season 1 win, 6 podiums, 7 top fives
- Career: 19 wins, 64 podiums, 88 top fives and 12 poles
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media:
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Dan – [email protected]
Alton,VA (October 3, 2923) - Get ready to witness the return of Martin "Raggi" Ragginger to the top tier class in the Trans Am Series Presented by Pirelli series at VIR this weekend! The Austrian-born racer will be taking the wheel of the Chevy Camaro, built and...
Claudio Burtin to Make First Start of 2023, Adam Andretti to Drive Second Burtin Racing Entry
Braselton, GA May 1, 2023 - Veteran driver and Trans Am Champion, Simon Gregg, dominates Historic Sportscar Racing once again at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta. Racing in the 2017 Burtin Racing Chevy Camaro TA1, Gregg piloted the rocket ship to first place in HRS...
Daytona, FL November 10, 2022 - Veteran driver and Trans Am Champion, Simon Gregg, stormed Daytona International Raceway at the 2022 running of the Historic Sportcar Racing event this weekend. Dominating the podium in style, Gregg finished the weekend in 2nd in class...
Salinas, CA (April 23, 2022) – Veteran driver, Simon Gregg, clinches a 3rd place start on his 2022 debut in the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli series at Laguna Seca. After missing testing and practice due to aircraft mechanical problems in St. Augustine, Gregg strapped...